my meme...

Monday, February 4, 2008

becky over at auntiebecks tagged me with a meme. hmmm... (To find out what a meme is, click here.) This meme asks me to tell you 6 quirky, random or inconsequential facts about myself.The rules for this meme are: (1) Link to the person that tagged you. (2) Post the rules on your blog. (3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

well becky, i feel that i need to let you know that i copied/pasted your "explaining"paragraph because i'm feeling lazy. but this should be fun. too bad nothing can compare with your mutant quirk though...:)


1. i believe that once you wear a pair of socks, your foot is forever imprinted into the very fiber. this means that the spot where your big toe stretches out the toe part can never be washed or dried away in the laundry process. so every time i put on a pair of socks i double check to make sure that the right socks go on the right feet. if they don't, i know it and my day is ruined. seriously.

2. i love everything there is about the writing process. however, when i type something out on the computer, i type how the thoughts appear in my head and my thoughts all appear in lower case type. in my journal though, my grammar, spelling and punctuation are perfect.

3. i think i mentioned this in my "about me" section, but i hate bedtime. for some reason, i thought that in becoming an adult this gave me the license to forego any type of "turning in because you're sleepy" restrictions. being a mom is making me painfully aware that the restrictions cannot be foregone. despite that, i still think bedtime sucks.

4. i can't sleep unless the sheets and the blanket under the comforter are all tucked in securely at the foot of the bed. this has been an ongoing struggle between me and my husband, who loves kicking the covers out and tucking them under his feet. i truly believe and have tried numerous times to convince him that if our house is ever broken into while i'm sleeping the said perpetrator would come and tickle my feet because they are exposed. tony doesn't believe me. for some reason he thinks that the robber would have other things to do...

5. when i grab a cup of coffee from starbucks the little hole that you drink from must be perfectly lined over the siren...it's the only way the coffee tastes just right.

6. i love to know the ending of things (another point of stress for my husband who loves to be surprised.) whenever i have a book in hand i turn to the last page to know if it's happy or not. same goes for movies. if i know that someone has seen the ending of a movie i'm dying to see i bother them until they spill the beans. i just can't seem to enjoy it unless i know the outcome. except for mysteries. and the last book in a series. then, and only then, can i show any type of restraint.

okay...tag! you six are it:

darcy (however, you just had a baby, so i won't be offended if you choose to not do your own meme;).)
jenny
karalee
logan
momala (don't worry mom, i'll take care of this one for you!)
sarah

however, i do understand if any of you six isn't that interested in writing your meme. but it's kinda fun once you get started...but no pressure:).