the Lord is my Shepherd...

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

i shall not want.
even when i want assurances.  even when i want answers...


He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
You lead my worried soul closer to You.  You bring me to a place where all i can do is allow my heart to find rest in You.  You are my green pastures. You are my still waters.


He restores my soul.
with Your strength, Abba.  i can't go any farther without Your strength.


He leads me in paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.


even though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil,
for You are with me.
how easy it is to forget You are there...and in the shadow, You remind me to lift up my eyes, past the valley, and up to the hill tops, because from there comes my Help (ps 121:1).


Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me.
and when my eyes are lifted, they find You...


You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil.
at this moment, everything else fades...all i want is to be in Your presence.  all i want is to feel You near, anointing me with Your peace that passes all understanding...


surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and i shall dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.
these ancient words, these oft-quoted words are reminding me that in these moments of uncertainty the only place i want to be found is resting, abiding and trusting in You.