precious promises...

Thursday, June 3, 2010

~I have swept away your sins like the morning mists.

I have scattered your offenses like the clouds.

oh, return to Me, for I have paid the price to set you free.

Isaiah 44:22~

why is it, that tonight of all nights, the pleading, the vulnerability that the Creator of everything shows in this verse has wrung my heart so completely?

me.  a woman who has sinned so greatly.  a woman who deserved to be forgotten about.  a woman who wasted so much.

and yet, He called to me and my heart heard his plea.  and not only heard, but came running to the hope that seemed too good to be true.

and the memory of that moment, when i realized Who was given as the price to set me free is as fresh tonight as that night i wept in sorrow so many years ago.

only tonight, air heavy with rain-filled clouds,  i weep in gratitude.

thank You...