the eyes of a child...

Monday, December 24, 2007

...yesterday saw me walking through the rain from the far end of the parking lot into the grocery store.

i'm sorry, rain is an understatement, torrential downpour is more like it.

i would have sprinted, but it's kind of hard to do that while carry a 16 pound baby in a 25 pound carrier. and no, i didn't have an umbrella. seeing as i'm not originally from here i haven't taken to the habit of carrying an umbrella with me "because it's always raining somewhere". i'm still used to alberta rains - gone in about 2 minutes instead of the 5 week rain storm here.

needless to say, my already fine hair that tends to flatten easily in humidity was now plastered to my head.

i looked...well...amazing isn't the word i would use...i looked bedraggled for the rest of the day - nothing i did to my hair would save it. even dry i looked like a drowned rodent. even the trusted ponytail did nothing. i felt stunning. truly. never better.

and then i sat down last night and lyla came over to me and started running her hands over my hair and started whispering in a sweet, soft voice "wow...", over and over until she came around in front of me and took my face in her hands and said "wow mama, pretty".

in her simple words and eyes that see with love, she found me beautiful.