spreading the word...

Thursday, July 10, 2008

while going through my blog roll to your right, i came to my sister, kristyn. having already checked her blog earlier this morning, i didn't expect an update.

but i was wrong.

she did update, and the tears are still in my eyes as i write this.

as i changed the songs in my list last night, i came across *in the palm of Your hand* by alison krause and the word picture that it created wrapped me up and carried me to sleep after a restless night of tossing and turning.

it is sometimes so easy to forget that i really am in the Palm of my Father's hand - my circumstances become so big, so overwhelming that my perspective gets skewed.

and then it gets turned right side up again when i'm reminded of the shelter that Jesus provides when we choose to trust Him.

tonight, my dear sister provides a tangible, touchable representation of the love and protection that she herself is receiving from the One who loves her so incredibly much.

i'm rejoicing with you tonight, kristyn!