he's holding them...

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

someday i'll hold your hand
by tim baker (my father-in-law)

i have a lovely grandchild
whose face i cannot see
at least not in this brief life,
but in eternity

i'll get to hear a "grandpa"
that my ears will miss for yet,
i get to see a happy smile
my eyes cannot forget.

and all the questions many
about God's greater plan,
will quickly melt to nothing
when first i hold your hand.

and we can run and laugh and sing
together praising our great King.
and to the mountains we can fly
and look down at top of sky.

oh precious one, whether girl or boy
what fun we'll have, what times of joy
when we can see God's greater plan,
when at last i hold your hand!

my heart longs to know the baby i lost, it yearns to hold him or her in my arms, smell their sweet baby skin.  i can't even begin to imagine the joy that i'll feel when Jesus introduces us for the first time.

my father-in-law has met my child.

and he'll hold the hand of my sweet baby until my arms can hold what my heart misses...