tears, tears and more tears....

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

i think there are times when He allows us to come to the end of ourselves.  to feel so utterly broken that there is nothing left of *us* so He can come in and minister and touch our lives and change us.

each one of you have been His touch on my life in the last 2 days.  through your words, your emails, your nearness while i have felt so...emptied.

because trust me, there has been some empty-in'!

and yet, even in this painfull process, He, in His amazing love and mercy, used you.

thank you...

this morning has dawned bright and sunny.  He gave me a gift of a couldy day yesterday (which, if you know me, you'll know rainy days are my favorite...), but has brought the sun back in all its glory.

and while this sweet sunday song is a couple of days late, i woke up to these words He whispered in my ears. reminding me of a time when He gave this song to me to me in a powerful way just before another season of brokenness many years ago. i've included the lyrics here and i'll put a link to the youtube video below.  just to warn you though, it's an oldie.  nothing fancy or current in this song.

but it's beauty is in the words about my Jesus...

it's beauty is in the nothingness of me and the everything-ness of Him.

it's beauty is in His love given, in His mercy poured out.

for you.  for me...

broken and spilled out

one day a plain village woman
driven by love for her Lord
recklessly poured out a valuble essence
diregarding the scorn
and once it was broken and spilled out
a fragrance filled all the room
like a prisoner released from his shakles
like a spirit set free from the tomb

broken and spilled out
just for love of You, Jesus
my most precious treasure
lavished on Thee
broken and spilled out
and laid at your feet
in sweet abandon
let me be spilled out
and used up for Thee

Lord, You were God's precious Treasure
His loved and His own perfect Son
sent here to show me the love of the Father
just for love it was done
and though You were perfect and holy
You gave up Yourself willingly
You spared no expense for my pardon
You were used and wasted for me

broken and spilled out
just for love of me, Jesus
God's most precious treasure
lavished on me
broken and spilled out
and poured at my feet
in sweet abandon
Lord You were spilled out
and used up for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPXAju9z7Cs