happy june...

Thursday, June 2, 2011

happy because it is the beginning of birthday season in our home.

i find that my priorities have changed...that the heat of the newest season no longer gives me reason to dread.  that i look forward to the deeper days of june that usher in the swelter and oppressive nature of the summer sun.

i remember when i used to wish that i was a winter baby.

or an autumn baby like my sweet man...

that was before i sat in my doctor's office and informed that on the day i was to turn 30, i would most likely be giving birth to the newest member of our family.

no, if i was going to turn 30, i either wanted a baby in my arms or be overdue.  i wanted him to have his very own day...

and he does.

2 days before my own.

which then ushers the white hot heat of august, fitting for olivia grace; full of sunshine and the intensity that only summer can bring.

summer used to be a season of dread and longing for the coolness of fall...

but now i see it as what they are...

gifts of life to be treasured and celebrated.

so, starting today...everyday until his second birthday, i will post a picture of my sweet, soon to be non-baby boy.

happy june...

more joyful because of him...