sun-kissed {happy june day 5}...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

in the mundane moments and seasons and the never-ending mounds of dishes and laundry and clutter and playdough...

He gives moments of refreshing...


in the crazy moments of many small children running around,  as goodbyes are being whispered, hugs given, time slows when i open my eyes to the beauty of an oasis in the middle of a city.


the middle of a city i used to call home; where life happened and changed me...grew me up and broke me.  made me a mama and a grown woman...


He meets us where ever we are.  He draws us in and woos us and calls us by name...


this morning the mundane settled in and breakfast was eaten and i avoided the dishes that were piling in the sink.

glancing out the window at the sky-spread-blue, i looked down at my flowers that had laid their heads down in thirst...

and as the water poured from the purple pitcher grasped tight, i thought of Him and His water that pours life and gives strength and causes a weary and thirsty spirit to stand strong...

He's amazing like that.

my toes sunk down in the sun warmed grass as i made my way to the back...6 small feet running circles around my mama-own.  theirs unlined, uncalloused... mine aching and cracked.

but we all dropped to our knees in wonder as one ruby red orb swung in the air, kissed by the sun and waiting for us...a gift from Him to our giggling mouths.  did His joy exceed ours?


after a day that seemed long, i sat down on the couch. pajamas in hand, i waited for someone, anyone to settle when i stopped and listened...

his head has been clouded by a cold that has settled in...a head stuffed with cotton that keeps him from sleeping.  my man who is tired, weary and sick had cradled his son and was softly singing the alphabet over his sweet blonde head.

and elias, with abandon, was giggling deep from his belly and shouting "gen, daddy, gen".  and because love is stronger than a lack of health, he did; over and over as his son threw his head past his daddy's legs and basked in the adoration that was his freely.

and He invites me, you, to do the same.  to find shelter in Him, to find delight in His delight in us.  the One who is holy and loves true delights in His children and invites us in.

and the mundane becomes sacred, the chaos is praise and a simple strawberry lifts my face to His...