a rebuttal...

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

for myself.

"Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God."

psalm 42:5-6

"The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song."

 psalm 28:7

these are the two verses that have been rolling around in my mind for the last 30 minutes.  and then i thought of my post from yesterday.


i am always amazed at the ways of God.  He is both kind and compassionate; not only in His comfort, but in His sweet rebuke.


and this morning...i get it.  it's okay to mourn and to cry the pain out, but there comes a moment when you decide that He is so much bigger than any circumstance that gets thrown at you.


so...i'm deciding.


He's bigger.


it's smaller.


and as much as it goes against every little nuance of my personality...i'm going to take joy in the God of my salvation.


and He can take care of the tear soaked blankies.