when He woos a heart already His own...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012


He woos me on valentines day.


He doesn't have to.

He has already won my heart.

this heart that has a tendency to burn so hot and freeze ice cold.


maybe that is a reason He keeps drawing me to Himself,

closer to the heat of His Love,

so that i'll burn with the wonder of Him again.


it happens after i repeat the words from memory that i have been planting deep.

speak them out loud to the one who calls me daughter while my 3 little ones listen close.

six weeks in and twelve verses rolling with a rhythm off of this tongue,

i turn that page to the thirteenth one as the house settles and quiets

and i look at the words held in these hands.


i can't help but stare at this valentine He has given.

because no matter how one looks at it, it is exactly what it is.


it's no i choo-choo-choose you written on red and placed on a school-girl's desk.

no.

it's been written in red and offered up to anyone who will receive.


for He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness
and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves,
in Whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
colossions 1:13-14


i lay my head next to tony's in the quiet.

look into his eyes and see him for who he really is.

i reach out my fingers and trace his lips.



this man who gave up everything for me, for our family.

this man who gave up job, reputation, income, home...

gave it all up so that we could live out from under the shadow of death and brokenness.


he gave it all up for the love of the ones under this roof over our heads.


and He woos me,

through the love of my husband that reflects His Own so powerfully;

through His Words printed on paper and planted deep in my heart.


and it was those fairy tales and stories that i stopped believing in so long ago,

but it is the truth and beauty of His Love that quickens my heart and catches my breath now.


and it's through both:

the shadow of dreams and tales juxtaposed next to

the Truth of His Love,

that i have learned...


a heart caught in the stranglehold of distress need never fear.

can your spirit hear it? 


The One named Faithful and True is fighting for you...